First Presbyterian Church
125 S 3rd Street
Wilmington, North Carolina 28401
About This Project
The cast bronze bells of Christoph Paccard Bell Foundry are displayed, dedicated and installed into the tower of First Presbyterian Church, Wilmington, North Carolina.
Christoph Paccard Bell Foundry designed an instrument of 43 carillon church bells to be housed into the beautiful stone tower, constructed in 1928, but empty of carillon bells for almost 85 years.
The largest carillon church bell is musical note F3 of 2000 pounds; pictured with Stan are the gracious donors who lovingly gifted the bells in memory of their parents and Pastor Ernie Thompson. Helping Stan to move the largest carillon bell from truck for display in the courtyard is Jay Stokely.
The design team at Christoph Paccard Bell Foundry created a bell frame in the tower that displays the carillon church bells in the tower openings while hiding the steel of the frame in the corners of the tower as much as possible for a beautiful aesthetic and musical result that can be seen and heard all over the downtown of Wilmington, North Carolina.